Wednesday 30 June 2010

Fish In, Manson Out

The bewildering moves continue. The Ti-Cats announced today that they have released DB/KR Martin Manson and signed WR/KR Reggie Fish.

Fish suffered a concussion in the first pre-season game and was released, re-signed and released again. Now he's back, and I know my friend Richard will be happy (I'm sure a Reggie Fish jersey is in his future).

Manson was one of a couple of guys to return kicks in the second pre-season game, and he looked awesome. He was very impressive, and I was a bit surprised to see him go to the practice squad when rosters were announced last week.

His release this week is even more surprising. I like Fish and I like Manson. I don't want to take anything away from Fish, but Manson looked the better of the two when each did play. It would seem to me that Manson was caught up in a numbers game. There were about 4,566 DBs on the Ti-Cats' roster, and a few had to go. Yesterday, it was Will Poole; today it's Martin Manson.

I'm hoping that this won't be the last we Ti-Cat fans see of Martin Manson.

No comments:

Post a Comment