Saturday 12 June 2010

Preview: Tiger-Cats (0-0) at Argonauts (0-0)




vs.






Finally, after seven long months, the CFL is back. For the first time since the crushing defeat at the hands of the BC Lions in the East Division Semi-Final, our Hamilton Tiger-Cats will take the field, albeit in pre-season action, against the Toronto Argonauts.

Plenty of the Cats' regular starters will not dress for tomorrow's game, most notably QB Kevin Glenn; RB DeAndra' Cobb; WRs Arland Bruce III, Marquay McDaniel and Dave Stala; and all three starting LBs, Markeith Knowlton, Jamall Johnson and Otis Floyd. Resting these players will give us, and the coaching staff, a chance to see what some of the younger players can do in an in-game setting.

I'm most interested in seeing which players will be tried out at Kick Returner. This is the one glaring weakness of the 2010 team, and I'll be watching to see who, if anyone, distinguishes themselves from the rest of the group and seizes the position. As CFL fans know, a good Kick Returner is essential to success.

The game will not be broadcast on TV, but you can follow the action by listening to CHML on the radio. I will be at the game watching with my own two eyes. I'll post my review of the game shortly after I return home. Look for it sometime around dinnertime tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment