Wednesday 2 June 2010

Ways to Grow the Game

My love for the CFL is obvious. I mean, one doesn't write at length about a subject for fun if that subject isn't something they are passionate about. I happen to think that the CFL is the best pro-sports league in the world. It's a highly biased opinion, but this is my blog, and I can say whatever I want. I am still a huge fan of the NFL and NBA (less so the NHL or MLB), but they don't bring out the same passion in me as the CFL does. Perhaps it's because the only pro-sports franchise I have in my city is a CFL one, but regardless of the reason, the CFL is the nearest and dearest to my heart.

That said, I do not think that the CFL is perfect; far from it, actually. It's a wonderful league, with many positives, but there are things that other sports leagues do or have that the CFL would be wise to consider.

That brings me to the point of this. In my ongoing attempts to bring you, my readers, the best content that no money can buy, I have come up with an idea that I have titled "Ways to Grow the Game." Basically, I will write about things that I think the CFL can use to help make the league bigger. I have a couple of ideas already percolating, and I will roll these ideas out sporadically. This won't be like my previous lists of "Top 5" or "Top 10" that saw a new post come out every day for a week or two. This will be more of a running commentary, with posts being linked together by the idea of helping to grow Canadian football. When an idea strikes me, I will write about it.

I do want to make one thing clear, however. I am fully aware that some of my ideas are not financially viable now or in the near future. These aren't going to be blueprints for how the league should implement these ideas, but more like ideas that perhaps, one day, could be utilized to make the CFL a bigger deal on the North American professional-sports landscape.

1 comment:

  1. If we start with
    the new tv deal coming in 2013
    new expansion teams
    and new stadiums, which will generate greater revenue

    not to mention growing popularity, the CFL is heading into it's greatest period ever.
    In 5 years this league will be very different.

    ReplyDelete