Tuesday 20 July 2010

Smitty's Selections: Week 4

Since I will be in a car on my way to Montreal for Thursday's game between the Cats and Als, I'm bringing my weekly picks ahead of schedule. I doubt the extra time would have made me change my picks. After last week's 2-2 finish, I am hoping that I can finally post a 3-1 or 4-0 record. Is that wishful thinking? Probably.

Hamilton (1-2) at Montreal (2-1)

This is, without a doubt, the most difficult prediction I have had to make so far this season. Being that I am a Ti-Cat fan, my heart is screaming at me to pick the Tabbies. As an unbiased commentator, my head says that it's Montreal's home-opener and the Als should come out guns a-blazing. Head, heart; heart, head. The coin is flipped, and it comes up...

Winner: Hamilton, 34-28

British Columbia (1-2) at Toronto (2-1)

The Argonauts, thought to be the league's doormat in 2010, have ripped off two straight wins and sit atop the CFL's East Division. BC, thought to be on the rise with Casey Printers back for a full off-season, lost two straight at home and are floundering. Can the Argos keep their momentum going and make it three straight wins? I don't think so. Sooner or later Cleo Lemon is going to have to win a game, and right now I don't see him being able to do that. It will be a close one, but in the end, the Lions will get to .500.

Winner: BC, 27-23

Edmonton (0-3) at Winnipeg (1-2)

The two worst teams in the CFL? Perhaps. After demolishing the Tiger-Cats in Week 1, Winnipeg have not just fallen back down to Earth, they have gotten a little closer to the Earth's core. Edmonton, who could be 2-1 if WRs could catch and/or hold onto the ball, just can't seem to get any breaks. Well, they got one this week with the news that Buck Pierce will miss this contest with a sprained ankle. No Pierce means no win. The Eskimos end their losing streak and finally post a 'W' in 2010.

Winner: Edmonton, 35-24

Saskatchewan (3-0) at Calgary (2-1)

I feel like I should make some attempt to justify picking Saskatchewan, but to be honest, it doesn't matter. The Riders are the best team in the CFL right now, and Calgary is lucky to have two wins. This one won't even be close.

Winner: Saskatchewan, 40-14

Recap
Hamilton, BC, Edmonton, Saskatchewan (Interesting note, I picked all away teams. So much for going 4-0 in Week 4.)

Season Record: 5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment