Thursday 12 August 2010

The Cats are Back to Ball-in'

No more stadium talk. No more relocation talk. Let's concentrate on the things that are happening that have an actual effect on the on-field product.

The Tiger-Cats announced yesterday that they have re-signed WR David Ball.

I know this isn't the world's biggest acquisition, but if you have been following my writing from the beginning (or if you just read my Winnipeg Blue Bombers preview), you'll know that I'm a huge fan of Ball, going back to his college days.

OK, all I really have to go off is his college days because he has admittedly done nothing during his professional career to engender this much support from your lowly scribe.

But my oh my, what a college career.  He broke some of Jerry Rice's – yes, that Jerry Rice, as in the recently enshrined Hall of Famer, Jerry Rice – records, the most significant one being D-II career TD receptions.

Ball has never really had the chance to show what he can do as a professional in any of his stops in the CFL and NFL. I'm hoping that this stop in Hamilton will be the final stop of his career. I want to see him on the field showing fans around the country what he is capable of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment