Thursday 16 September 2010

Baggs, Long & Lumsden Make For a Busy Early Afternoon

The Stevie Baggs signing is now official. He is a member of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. I have already made my thoughts known on what I think Baggs will bring to the team, so I won't get into that here.

You'll see at the bottom of the Tiger-Cats press release about the signing of Stevie Baggs that the team has cut Defensive Lineman Khari Long. My guess is that the move was necessary because of the Baggs signing. I had really high hopes for Long coming into this season, but injuries have hampered him all year. It's a shame because Long showed so much promised coming into his sophomore year after a very good first season.

Finally, after much speculation, Jesse Lumsden has turned down the opportunity to join the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. With talk yesterday that the Calgary Stampeders were interested, I'm not that surprised that Lumsden would turn down the Bombers. It'll be interesting to see if Calgary signs him. I don't know why they would. They have a better Jesse Lumsden in Jon Cornish.

No comments:

Post a Comment