Wednesday 1 December 2010

Looking Back, Looking Ahead

Is it really over? Has July 1st to November 28th already come and gone? As hard as it is to believe, the 2010 CFL season has come to an end.

I still recall picking up my season tickets for the first time. I still remember watching the home opener against Calgary. And I still agonize over the heartbreaking loss in the playoffs. It was a wonderful season filled with many ups and many downs. While it didn't end how I, or probably 99.9% of the readers of this blog, had hoped, it was still an amazing and fun ride.

It wasn't too long ago that winning four games was an accomplishment. Now, getting a home playoff game is considered the norm; losing in the first round is considered unacceptable and a gigantic disappointment. This team has come a long way in two years, and I expect even better things in 2011.

These, I'm sure, are sentiments that are felt by every team and every fan base across Canada, save one. The Roughriders reached the Grey Cup for the second year in a row, but they lost for the second year in a row. Edmonton and Winnipeg failed to make the playoffs, the Lions lost in their Semi-Final and Toronto and Calgary fell one game short. I'm sure everyone will be expecting better results in 2011.

Obviously with the season now at an end, I won't be posting as much. Since the season started, I have averaged more than one post a day, and while I love writing, there just aren't that many topics to discuss, especially early in the off-season. When anything happens, I'll be sure to give my spin on it, and if the trend of the past couple of days is any indication, I might be busier than I think.

Lastly, I'd just like to say that I hope everyone has enjoyed reading what I have written during the course of the 2010 CFL season. Whether you agreed or disagreed with what I had to say, I thank you for taking the time to read and/or comment. I hope I can be better in 2011 than I was in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment