Tuesday 21 December 2010

Stamps of Approval

I don't know why this story is being so underreported, but there are rumours that the Edmonton Eskimos are seriously considering trading Receiver Fred Stamps.

I'm going to say it: how great would Stamps look in Black & Gold?

Unless the asking price is exorbitant, the Cats should have already traded for Stamps. I'm salivating at the thought of Fred Stamps and Arland Bruce sharing a field. A potent offense would get downright lethal. Add in Dave Stala, Maurice Mann and Marquay McDaniel, and opposing defenses would soil themselves worrying about who to cover.

I'm sure many of the six other teams will make offers for Stamps, so the Cats should move fast to grab him. As much as I am against picking guys up to keep them from other teams (unlike some who, for example, want the Cats to bring in Ricky Ray to keep him from the Bombers or Argos), getting Stamps to keep him away from Toronto is a fabulous idea. As much as I would love to see Stamps in Hamilton, I would equally hate seeing him in that disgusting Double Blue Toronto.

If the mantra of "better is better" is to be believed, then Stamps needs to be in a Hamilton Tiger-Cats uniform in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment