Tuesday 25 January 2011

Knowlton Extended

After a season that saw him take home the CFL's Most Outstanding Defensive Player award, Markeith Knowlton has been rewarded with a contract extension that will keep him in Black & Gold through the 2013 season.

Knowlton was extended last season as well, so this new deal essentially adds another year to that extension.

With all the stadium talk (which I still have a moratorium on until an actual resolution is reached), it's nice to talk about football for once.

Extending Knowlton is a great move by the Tiger-Cats, who have been eerily quiet so far this off-season. This is the first player move the team has made since the season ended, while almost every other team has gone about re-signing some of their potential free agents. Perhaps this is the first move of many to come in the next few weeks. I wouldn't be upset if I had to write about an extension for another young, stud Linebacker.

Great to see Knowlton staying for the foreseeable future. He was one of our best players in 2010, and I expect him to continue that excellence in 2011.

3 comments:

  1. Would that be Johnson you would not be upset writing about? I've been wanting to hear that news for a long time. I get the feeling he's got NFL aspirations, and rightly so because the man has all the tools... still, he's got a great home in the Hammer where he's #1A across the field from Monster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be Mr. Jamall Johnson that I was referring to. I too think he's going to give the NFL a chance after this season. I hope if his NFL dream doesn't come to fruition (and I wish him all the luck in the world), he puts on the Black & Gold again.

    ReplyDelete