Monday 7 March 2011

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

I read the Scratching Post blog nearly every day. I am a big fan of Drew Edwards, and I think he does an excellent job covering the Tiger-Cats.

Today, he linked to a story from Perry Lefko (who I don't trust in the least), that says that Angelo Mosca is trying to recruit *gulp* Adriano Belli to come to Hamilton.

I couldn't be any more against this move if I wanted to be. From a personal standpoint, I just plain do not like the guy. I didn't like him when he was here before, and I don't like him now that he's with Toronto.

But aside from my personal feelings, signing Belli would be a mistake for a couple of reasons. One, Belli is 33 (and will be 34 before the season is over) and at the tail end of his career. He has clearly lost a step, and he is no longer the force that he used to be. Two, Belli still takes stupid penalties. He has been in the league for a decade and he continually makes boneheaded plays. The fact that he hasn't gotten passed being selfish just shows the type of player he is.

Signing Adriano Belli would be a step back for the Cats. I respect Angelo Mosca as much as any former player, but that doesn't mean I always agree with him. In this case, he is wrong. Adriano Belli should not return to the Tiger-Cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment