Saturday 11 June 2011

Black and Gold in Burlington

What a great afternoon. The weather held up nicely, the play on the field was excellent and meeting the players afterward could not have been more fun.

The 2011 edition of the Black and Gold Day was a huge success. The crowd was fairly large. I don't want to speculate at size, but it was a very healthy turnout.

The scrimmage itself was decent as well. From what I saw today, the Offense looks extremely sharp. Kevin Glenn, Arland Bruce and Avon Cobourne all looked to be in mid-season form.

Justin Medlock didn't kick, which is unfortunate because I was hoping to see him boot a few. Eric Wilbur looked OK. His punting was extremely sharp, but his field-goal kicking leaves a bit to be desired. I still favour Medlock, but Wilbur's punting will probably keep him in the running until the bitter end.

After the scrimmage, the players did an autograph signing on the field. The group of guys (and gal) I went with mingled with some of the players. All the guys were great. We chatted with Avon Cobourne, Arland Bruce, Markeith Knowlton, Dave Stala and Marcus Thigpen, to name a few. I'll say exactly what I said last year: Arland Bruce is one of the nicest people I have ever met. All the guys seemed happy to meet with the fans, but every time I see Arland Bruce, he takes it to another level. A true class act.

This year's edition of the Black and Gold Day was an roaring success, and I'm now even more pumped up for the start of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment