Friday 14 October 2011

Smitty's Selections: Week 16

Over the last two weeks I have gone an impressive 7-1. I have bumped my season record to 10 games over .500, and if I wasn't so blindly loyal to the Tiger-Cats, that number might even be higher. As we head down the final stretch, I still hold out faint hope of reaching my goal of 50 wins.

Calgary at Toronto

This one smells like an upset, has all the makings of an upset, but won't be an upset. I just have no faith in Toronto. Calgary is in a dog fight in the West and Toronto has nothing to play for. The Stamps need to win this game, and they will. Calgary by double digits.

Winner: Calgary, 28-17

Winnipeg at Edmonton

This one will probably be the best game of the week. This should be a tight contest between two teams fighting for home-field advantage and a first-round bye in their respective divisions. If it was in Winnipeg, I'd take the Bombers. With it being in Edmonton, I have to go with the Eskimos.

Winner: Edmonton, 27-24

Hamilton at Montreal

I have looked at this game from every conceivable angle, and as much as it pains me to say it, I don't see a way that the Tiger-Cats can win this game. So for the first time ever I am picking against the Cats. Montreal wins this one rather convincingly.

Winner: Montreal, 36-21

British Columbia at Saskatchewan

BC is the best team in the league right now; Saskatchewan has scored nine points in their last three games. While BC will lose eventually, it won't be this week. Lions by a bunch.

Winner: British Columbia, 32-13

Recap
Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, British Columbia

Season Record: 33-23

No comments:

Post a Comment