Saturday 23 June 2012

Cats Release Jeffers-Harris

While nothing has been made official, Arash Madani has reported it and Drew Edwards has confirmed it: Terence Jeffers-Harris is no longer a Hamilton Tiger-Cat.

I wish I could say that this comes as a surprise, but it doesn't. That's no offense to Jeffers-Harris, who I am a big fan of, but just based on what I saw during training camp and in the preseason, I felt like this move was coming. From the way things looked at camp, there were four players – Onrea Jones, Aaron Kelly, Chris Duvalt and Jeffers-Harris – battling for two spots. Jones and Kelly were the players that won those spots. Jones spent the majority of training camp working with the first-team offense, so the team must be high on him; Kelly probably separated himself after his performance against Winnipeg (five catches for 53 yards and one touchdown) in the second preseason game. That left Jeffers-Harris and Duvalt, who was one of the nine players released yesterday, as the odd men out.

I really hope Jeffers-Harris catches on with another team as I enjoy watching him play. I think he is a very good receiver that could make another receiving corps better. He's still young and has plenty of talent, so I can't see this being the end for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment