Thursday 2 August 2012

Some Tiger-Cat links

I don't normally post links, except when I'm plugging my own stuff or stuff from friends, but with the bye week in full effect, there hasn't been much present Tiger-Cat news to talk about. So with that in mind, I thought I'd post a link to an article and post a video that have been brought to my attention over the last couple of days.

The article comes from the Carolina Panther website and is a feature about former Tiger-Cat kicker Justin Medloc. It is from a couple of days ago, but it was sent to me this morning and I thought I'd pass it along. There are some interesting tidbits in there about his time in the CFL and in Hamilton, but the part that will likely be of most interest to Ti-Cats is just how close Medlock was to returning to Hamilton this season. While it is a subject that was written about when Medlock left, this is the first time that I recall seeing detailed specifics, such as how much money the two sides were apart at the time of his signing with Carolina.

The video is an eight-minute clip from an upcoming documentary called "Gridiron Underground" by former Tiger-Cat running back John Williams. The documentary is about African-American players in the CFL and features interviews with players such as Bernie Custis, Henry Burris and Warren Moon. I found the clip to be absolutely captivating and I think everyone who sees it will agree:

No comments:

Post a Comment