Saturday 25 August 2012

Ticats are Hummin'


Earlier this week, the Ti-Cats announced that they had teamed with the band The Arkells on a new song that will be the team's theme for the remainder of the 2012 season. The song is called "Ticats are Hummin" and you can listen to the song in the video above.

Upon first listen, I really didn't like the song. I still don't think it's a great song to get fans pumped up, but after listening to it a couple of times, it has grown on me. I'm not a big fan of The Arkells or their style of music, but this tune is kind of catchy.

Fans better get used to hearing the song because it is going to get played ad nauseam during Tiger-Cat home games. It is going to be played before kickoff, after every win and the chorus will be played following every touchdown. With the way the Ti-Cats score points, we could hear the chorus of that song five times a game.

I also think it was a great idea for the Ti-Cats to team with a band from Hamilton for the song. While my personal preference has always been for a local hip-hop artist to redo the Wiz Khalifa song "Black & Yellow" with Tiger-Cat specific lyrics (I nearly did it myself until I remembered that I have absolutely no rap skills to speak of), this Arkells song is more than an adequate substitute.

So while it might not be my cup of tea, I am sure there are a lot of fans out there that are excited about this song. Now we just need the team to start hummin' like the song says. Then, regardless of whether you like this song or not, you'll be happy to hear it at every home game.

No comments:

Post a Comment