Sunday 14 October 2012

Stadium Look Revealed

Despite this news coming out before Friday's debacle against the Lions, it wasn't until after the game that I really got a chance to take a look at the plans for the new stadium.

I'm not going to get into whether building on the Ivor Wynne site is a good idea or not, or whether any of the other locations would have been better. Those are debates that should long be dead. For better or worse, this is the place where the stadium is going to be. But now we know what it will look like.

Part of the unveil I found somewhat anticlimactic. Pretty much everything that was shown, we already knew about. We knew it was going north-south as opposed to east-west. We knew there would be no end zone seats. We knew that the stadium would be expandable to around 40,000 so the city could host Grey Cups.

Much like the debate that centred around this whole stadium process, there are going to be those that love it and those that hate it. I'm solidly in the middle. I will wait until it is built and I can sit in it before I make a definitive judgment. Seeing what it will look like gets me excited and makes it finally feel real. I look forward to taking my seat in the new place in July of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment